Subscribe to our newsletter
Widgets In Tabs
- Power outage hits Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport
- Power outage gradually restored; Diemen substation fault the
- One Dutch person confirmed in Germanwings crash: Minister,…
- Amsterdam squatter demonstration ends with 19 arrests
- KLM not yet changing cockpit rules after Germanwings crash
- No planes landing at Schiphol: Airport spokesman
Bird flu in Groningen
Bird flu was detected at a poultry farm in the province of Groningen. All 10,000 laying hens on the farm in St. Annen were eliminated.It is probably the mild version, but it can mutate into a more dangerous version. The procedure was executed according to European rules, by the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority.
State Secretary Dijksma issued a transportation ban in an area of one kilometer surrounding the holding in St. Annen. The ban applies to poultry, eggs, poultry manure and used litter. There are no other poultry farms within the area.