Widgets In Tabs
- Timmermans speech leads UN Security Council to condemn MH17…
- MH17 victims coming home, Eindhoven flights cancelled
- Netherlands begins day of mourning for flight 17
- Greenpeace staff want director dismissed
- First 50 Ukraine crash victims on Dutch soil
- Passengers quickly lost consciousness after missile strike
Bird flu in Groningen
Bird flu was detected at a poultry farm in the province of Groningen. All 10,000 laying hens on the farm in St. Annen were eliminated.It is probably the mild version, but it can mutate into a more dangerous version. The procedure was executed according to European rules, by the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority.
State Secretary Dijksma issued a transportation ban in an area of one kilometer surrounding the holding in St. Annen. The ban applies to poultry, eggs, poultry manure and used litter. There are no other poultry farms within the area.